Monday, December 19, 2011

Where Should the Line Be Drawn With Our Children


HAPPY MONDAY LOVES... I hope you all had as wonderful of a weekend as did. As you all know I love me some Willow Smith (my daughter that I allowed Will & Jada to adopt) and today a friend sent me the link to her new video Fireball feat. Nikki Minaj but I must admit that after watching it, I am a little on the fence about how I should feel about it. I love that fact that she's doing her thing and the amount of ambition and determination she has for her to be such a young age, but she is just 11 years old. This video is totally different from her debut of Whip My Hair. In that video she seemed a lot more bubble gum and pop with a hint of attitude but with her new video/song it seems like her child like, bubble gum attitude was thrown out the window and she some how embodied Beyonce's "Sasha Fierce" alter ego. I'm trying to figure out where should we draw the line between child performer and a child on the road of being perceived as acting too grown/old for their age. I'm confused and would love your feedback. Do you all think Willow is on fast track to child stardom or loosing her child like qualities??? 
Willow Smith feat Nikki Minaj
Fireball
Until next time, thanks for having your daily Piece of Pie XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment